Wednesday, August 7, 2013


I used some of the footage from my last video "My Studio Tour" to make this movie. For all of my new footage I used my new Apogee USB microphone to narrate. USB mics do not need an interface. They can connect directly to the computer, and that's how this mic was connected. You'll hear the difference between the Apogee USB mic and the original mic that I used for the first studio video. I used the CharterOak mic for the original recording. Keep in mind that I'm fairly new at this and there's a lot to know, so in time I'm sure I'll be able to get both of these mics to sound better than they do in this video. Don't be afraid to leave a comment, and thanks for watching.

This is a little tour of my studio.

I worked very hard to build an acoustically efficient sound room. I definitely made some mistakes, but I also incorporated some innovative concepts as I was building this sound room.

 I try to give some insight on construction, equipment, and acoustic theory. I'm just a beginner myself, but I did some extensive research while building this room. I still have much to do and much to learn.

The acoustic treatment is still underway, and I'm trying to learn about mixing and mastering. I am also learning animation software, DAW software, and trying to learn all the features that the Roland Fantom X6 has to offer. Learning the Fantom X6 is enough to keep me busy for quite awhile.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please feel free to leave them below.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment